If horses are your thing, then pony club is for you! Pony Club is for ALL ages of riders and for horses and ponies alike. Learn to care for your horse like a pro. You can even go to horse shows! You don't have to have your own horse. Whitebrook students may join and use a lesson horse or pony for pony club.
Pony club offers scholarships, grants, and other educational opportunities both in and out of the saddle. Most Olympian and International level riders got their start in pony club. You will feel like an Olympian at Pony Club Championships!
Pony club requires a membership with national ($155) and regional ($40), both paid yearly. The monthly cost for pony club is $90 per month. This is non-cancelable, non-refundable, and paid at the first pony club meeting of the month. There are no make-ups for missed pony club lessons. If you do not have your own horse and would like to use a Whitebrook Farm horse or pony, you must be enrolled in weekly lessons additionally.
Pony club meets two times per month for Horse Management on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 4-5 pm. Horse Management is a HUGE part of pony club. Pony Club members also ride a minimum of 2 times per month in addition to their regular weekly lessons.
Pony Club membership is comprised of 3 parts: national, regional, and local club. Your national membership ($155 annually) includes access to the ponyclub website and all the curriculum and learning materials, grants, scholarships, and many exciting opportunities.
Your regional membership ($40 annually) secures your involvement with the region that governs the clubs within a geographical region. Ours is Southern California Region. There are many activities, clinics, competitions, and camps offered by the region.
Each pony club operates uniquely with their own fees and lesson schedules and membership requirements. Whitebrook Farm students that want to be in pony club must be enrolled in weekly lessons.
Pony Club lessons are a minimum of twice a month. You will see marked progress and confidence as your rider participates in pony club and gets more saddle time. As part of pony club, we attend regional events, shows, competitions, and fun activities. You will have access to the horse or pony you ride as part of being a member of Whitebrook Farm Pony Club Riding Center. Pony Club lessons are a discounted $45 rather than the $50 regular lesson fee.
Whitebrook Farm attends USPC Championships each year in the summer. The process looks like this:
1. pony club member qualifying at a qualifying regional rally with at least the minimum score
2. being a minimum of age 10 January 1 of the Championship year
3. holding a minimum D2 certification level.
A Whitebrook Farm pony club member may lease a horse for Championships. Some requirements for this are
1. enrolled in minimum of 2 lessons per week
2. participating in the qualifying Dressage rally, the schooling or rated shows
3. participating in Horse Management classes
4. Assuming the cost of Champs related veterinary or care expenses. These do not include feed, board, farrier, or other basic or emergency related veterinary services. But may include coggins and health certifications for traveling to champs and qualifying events, medications, supplements, or services that are intended to support the horses joints, soundness, or other things intended to keep the horse at his or her best self so that you can go to Champs and have a great experience.
5. The cost of hauling, stabling along the way, coaching, and your own Champs entry which includes board at Champs.